Experienced Attorneys Protecting Consumers’ Rights
Are You Being Harassed? Have You Been Sued? Does Your Credit Report Contain Errors?
In our consumer protection work, we represent consumers in a variety of different contexts. The following are among the most common types of cases we handle.
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA): Are you being harassed by debt collectors? If so, we can make the phone calls stop, and may be able to pursue financial compensation for harassing letters and phone calls, including texting and cellphone harassment.
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA): If errors on your credit report are making it harder for you to get a loan, we should be able to get the errors promptly corrected and may be able to get money damages for the harm that has been done to you.
- Credit card defense cases: If you have been served with a summons for a credit card lawsuit or discovered that a creditor has a default judgment against you, it is important for you to contact a lawyer as soon as possible to discuss defense strategies.
- Class action consumer protection cases: When a business acts illegally toward a large group of people, it may be possible to bring a class action lawsuit to stop the offending behavior and seek compensation.
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA): If a business or collection agency is leaving recorded phone messages (robocalls) on your telephone answering machine, or if you hear a recording when you answer the phone, you may be entitled to compensation.
With the exception of some credit card defense cases, we are able to handle these cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay us nothing unless we are successful. In addition, if the other party is found to have violated the law, the court may require them to pay your fees.
To discuss your case with an experienced consumer protection attorney, contact us today.