Christopher Atkinson, Esq.
Christopher received his JD from Indiana University – Indianapolis in 2005. He then went on to earn a MA in History where he worked with Vietnam era veterans. In 2010, Christopher moved to Buffalo to pursue a PhD in American Studies. He has worked on several oral history projects with veterans and completed his dissertation on the Buffalo Veterans Treatment Court.
Licensed to practice law in the state of New York since 2014, Christopher focuses his work on helping veterans obtain the compensation that they deserve for their service. He also works with Social Security disability clients. Dr. Atkinson uses the research, writing, and presentation skills developed over years of schooling to fight for people in need and to ensure that they are treated fairly.
In his spare time, Christopher likes to stay active. He enjoys hiking, concerts, and a variety of sports.
- PhD – University at Buffalo
- Juris Doctor, Indiana University
- Bachelor of Science, Ball State University
- New York State Bar, 2014
- Social Security Administration
- Veterans Affairs and the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Erie County
- National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates