Elizabeth Haungs, Esq.
Elizabeth joined the firm in 2013 to practice Social Security Disability law with a focus on Federal Court Appeals. Born and raised in Kenmore, New York, Elizabeth earned a Bachelor’s Degree with distinction from the University at Buffalo. After a career in marketing and business, Elizabeth decided to change direction, and graduated cum laude from the University at Buffalo Law School.
During law school, Elizabeth had the opportunity to work with Legal Services for the Elderly and the William and Mary Foster Elder Law Clinic, working to protect the rights of the elderly and disabled here in Western New York. She also worked with the UB Law School Domestic Violence Task Force and the Family Justice Center, helping to support survivors of domestic violence.
For over ten years, Elizabeth has participated in events to help fight cancer, a cause close to her heart. Since 2014, she has captained Team Kenneth Hiller for the Ride for Roswell, coming together with other employees, family and friends to raise thousands of dollars for cancer research. Elizabeth has also lead fundraising drives for the St. Vincent DePaul Food Bank, Buddy’s Second Chance Dog Rescue, and Child and Family Services—all with the support and participation of the amazing staff at the Law Offices of Kenneth Hiller. In her off time, Elizabeth loves to read and see live music. But most importantly, her spare time is spent with her husband and their rescue dog Tito.
- University at Buffalo, Bachelor of Arts and Sciences in English with Distinction, June 2002
- University at Buffalo Law School, Juris Doctor, Cum Laude, May 2013
- New York State
- Federal District Court, Western District of New York
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Social Security Administration
- New York State Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- National Organization of Social Security Claimant’s Representatives