Ida Comerford, Esq.
Ida joined the firm in 2010 to practice in the area of Social Security Disability. Born and raised in Buffalo, New York, Ida received her Bachelor’s degree from SUNY Fredonia and her Juris Doctor from the University at Buffalo. While in law school, she volunteered at Heritage Centers and was involved in legal advocacy for persons with mental retardation and developmental disabilities. Ida worked as a law clerk at a personal injury firm and gained valuable experience in civil litigation.
Ida’s experience in the practice of law is wide and varied. She has handled civil cases and practiced in the area of Estates & Trusts in Surrogate’s Court. In 2002, Ida relocated to San Diego, California with her husband and worked as a Deputy Public Administrator for San Diego County where she managed a high volume of probate cases, investigated estates and located next-of-kin for County residents. She taught in the Paralegal Program at the University of San Diego and lectured in Continuing Education classes.
After relocating to Rochester, New York, Ida came on board the Law Offices of Kenneth Hiller and has helped numerous persons with disabilities navigate their claims through the difficult hearing process.
Ida is licensed to practice law in the State of New York, State of California, Federal District Court of the Western District of New York, and the Second Circuit Court of Appeals. Her dedication to her disabled clients extends to appealing selected cases to Federal court.
In her spare time, Ida and her husband enjoy outings and activities with their three young children and their large extended families.
- Juris Doctor, State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Law
- Bachelors of Arts in Political Science, State University of New York, College at Fredonia
- New York State Bar
- California State Bar
- Illinois State Bar
- Georgia State Bar
- Social Security Administration
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives (NOSSCR)